2019 Kia Sorento Safety Features and Ratings
When it came to designing and building the 2019 Kia Sorento, Kia took the “3 S’s” to heart in order to create a vehicle that you will enjoy for many years – and many miles. Oh, you’ve never heard of the 3 S’s? They stand for Style, Space, and Safety. While the 2019 Kia Sorento is more Stylish than ever and offers plenty of Space for all your adventures (11.3 / 38.0 / 73.0 cubic feet), Kia made that last S – Safety – a top priority to ensure protection for you, your passengers, and other motorists.
Safety Features for the 2019 Kia Sorento
Each 2019 Kia Sorento model comes standard with the following safety features:
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Extensive airbag system
- 3-point seatbelts (all seating positions) with LATCH anchors
- Rollover Sensor
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
- Auto Light Control
- LED Positioning Lights
- Auto Light Control
- Projector Beam Headlights (not available for the SX Limited)
Other safety features that are available for higher trims of the 2019 Kia Sorento include:
- LED Headlights
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Low Beam Assist (LBA)
- Projector Beam Front Fog Lights
- LED Front Fog Lights
- LED Rear Combination Lamps
Safety Ratings for the 2019 Kia Sorento
Thanks to its solid construction and plethora of safety features, the 2019 Kia Sorento earned a 5-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This is the highest possible safety rating.
Additionally, the 2019 Kia Sorento was named a Top Safety Pick Plus when outfitted with optional crash prevention features and LED headlights. In a series of test crashes, the 2019 Kia Sorento performed extremely well and received good (the best possible) ratings for its small overlap front (driver and passenger side), moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, head restraints and seat, and headlights.
Find the 2019 Kia Sorento at Performance Kia!
To learn more about the now-available 2019 Kia Sorento, please visit us here at Performance Kia today!