2017 Kia Forte Safety Features
When looking at the 2017 Kia Forte, you may just see a little compact car that offers plenty of style and an awesome fuel economy. But look closer. Despite the “compact” label, the 2017 Kia Forte is a very safe car thanks to all of its standard and available safety features. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) took notice and after several tests, named the 2017 Kia Forte a Top Safety Pick Plus!
Safety Rating for the 2017 Kia Forte
When crashworthiness tests were performed by the IIHS, it was discovered that the 2017 Kia Forte model’s small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraints & seats held up extremely well. The IIHS also said that the 2017 Kia Forte had superior front crash prevention when outfitted with optional crash prevention features.
The IIHS Safety Pick Plus award applies to 2017 Kia Forte models that include specific headlights and are built after March 2017.
Safety Features of the 2017 Kia Forte
Safety features (standard or available) for the 2017 Kia Forte include:
- Extensive airbag system
- 3-point seat belts with LATCH anchors
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
- Brake Assist System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Side-impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Impact-absorbing steering column
- Projector beam headlights
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) projector beam headlights
- Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
- Auto light control
- Front fog lights
- LED positioning lights
- LED rear combination lamps
- And much more!
Find the Safe 2017 Kia Forte at Performance Kia!
If you are ready to start driving a safe sedan, then come visit us here at Performance Kia, where we will show you the 2017 edition of the Kia Forte. We will even let you take it out for a spin! We are located at 4225 Birney Avenue in Moosic, PA.